Sunday, September 27, 2015

Q & A with Rachel from Copper & Kohl : September 27, 2015


Hello everyone ! Today's post will be a question & answer post that I have collaborated with another fellow blogger. This particular blogger has a career in the makeup industry and started in the film and television industry. She then got started in the company Bobbi Brown where her career has lifted off. She also freelances on the side and holds personal makeup parties to help women with their makeup skills and help their improve their techniques. This blogger and makeup artist's main goal is to make women happy and feel good about themselves. This blogger's name is Rachel and she runs the blog and business called Copper and Kohl. I have asked Rachel a few questions and she has kindly answered them for me. As always, I hope you enjoyed this post. Here are the question and answers !

Question #1:
 How did you get started with a career into the makeup industry?

Answer:
 I was lucky enough to know a makeup artist through a mutual friend who worked in the film and TV industry. I then started my makeup school course and she got in touch with me and got me working as her assistant.

Question #2:
What made you want to do makeup and become a makeup artist? 

Answer:
I never had a lot of interest in doing makeup on myself. When I left school, I was working for a photographer just helping out in the office and I got to watch a lot of makeup artists’ work. I think I liked more how it made women feel when they looked good and there is a feel good quality in making another woman feel good about herself.

Question #3:
How is it working for Bobbi Brown? 

Answer:
Bobbi is an amazing brand because the philosophy is all about women looking and feeling like the best version of themselves; I can relate to that. I love the products and learned a lot working for Bobbi. It has definitely played a huge factor in my makeup career.

Question #4:
Do you enjoy doing freelance work or do you prefer a more set schedule? 

Answer:
I like freelance work because it gives you the variety you want. I like choosing my own schedule because you could be doing a wedding one day and be on set the next. I like to have the variety because it keeps the passion for makeup alive.

Question #5:
What is your biggest challenge as a makeup artist?

Answer:
Lugging my kit everywhere! I’ve tried to minimize my makeup so many times, but then I just end up adding to it again. I really do need it all!

Question #6:
Do you see yourself continuing to do makeup in the future?

Answer:
Absolutely. Makeup is a skill and is something I could always do even if it was an on the side thing or just a freelance thing.

Question #7:Tell us a bit about your blog and what services you offer through Copper & Kohl.


Answer:
The blog is actually still in the making at the moment, but I offer a few different services. My services range from bridal makeup to special events to balls to onset. I am also offering workshops which would be like a makeup party. The party must have a minimum of 6 people and we do some demos and teach the women some key makeup tips, not necessarily a full face. Alternatively, I do one on one lessons where I would go through what the client is currently doing with their makeup and maybe update their look and advise on what products to keep, throw away, or replace.

Question #8:
What is your favorite go-to makeup look? 

Answer:

For myself, I can’t go wrong with a black eyeliner flick, mascara, glowing skin, eyebrows, blush, and a neutral
lip. On clients, it would entirely depend on what the individual was after.

Question #9:
Can you give any advice to someone who is wanting to start a career in the makeup industry?

Answer:

You will never know it all. I love that I am constantly learning from other artists. 
There will always be a new tip  or technique to learn. Go for it, be creative, and make it your own!

Question #10:
What are your top 5 must-haves in your makeup bag? 

Answer:

1  Lip balm, foundation stick, eyebrow pencil, bronzer, and cheek color!


Enjoy !
xo,
Meg

No comments:

Post a Comment